Admission is open to persons with mental, physical, and emotional disabilities age five years and older (depending on the program) who meet program guidelines and who, at the time of admission, cannot function in competitive employment and/or live independently and can benefit from the services offered.
Members of the Admissions Committee will review documentation that the applicant has a disabling condition that deters him/her from living independently and/or being competitively employed. It is also taken into consideration if the applicant can benefit from services offered. Hope Haven Area Development Center has a non-discrimination policy in regard to sex, color, creed, religion, and national origin.
The following criteria must be met before an applicant can be admitted into any Hope Haven program. There may also be additional information required per program/service.
- Applicant must have written documentation provided as to the nature of the condition or disability.
- Applicant must be motivated to attend Hope Haven and applicant, guardian, and interdisciplinary team members agreed to abide by regulations, rules, policies and procedures.
- Hope Haven must be the least restrictive environment. Every effort is made to place individuals in programs that provide compatible socialization and ensure functional relationships.
- Applicant must be capable of communication basic needs. Means of communication (i.e. verbal, assistive device, sign language) will impact selection of appropriate program.
- A funding source must agree to pay for services, or applicant may agree to pay privately.
- Applicant must not exhibit serious emotional, psychological or behavioral problems which interfere with personal adjustment or are outside the scope of Hope Haven's ability to provide services. (Each case will be reviewed on an individual basis.)
- All admission forms must be completed and necessary referral information provided by the applicant, family, or referral source.
The following information must be received before an Intake Staffing will be scheduled:
- Current social history needs to be documented.
- Admission forms must be completed, signed and dated.
- Medical background information will be required.
- A statement of referral by the referring agent noting the purpose of the referral, applicant's needs and tentative goals expected of applicant's enrollment into Hope Haven.
- Current evaluations, program plans and relevant documentation needs to be obtained from referral source or other agencies/persons who have relevant involvement with the applicant.
- A Release of Confidential Information form must be signed and dated to gather necessary confidential information from agencies/persons.
Specific admissions criteria are established for each program. Each applicant is reviewed on an individual basis.
Primarily serve individuals with Mental Retardation as well as other developmental disabilities (i.e. Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, etc.)